Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
The Junior Formulator will employ the Cargill Nutrient System (CNS) to deliver the best nutrition solution and mixing recipe for our customers by working very closely with assigned manufacturing locations. He/she will leverage our research and technical expertise across CAN to meet customer quality expectations, optimize formula cost, and manage value capture.
The Junior Formulator will be expected to complete a comprehensive training program that is designed to be completed in 12-18 months. This training will include learning objectives to develop a deep understanding of animal nutrition (with a focus on poultry), plant operations, feed ingredient characteristics, and our farmer customers. During this training program the Junior Formulator will be expected to also complete the responsibilities of a Formulator under close supervision and approval of the Formulation Manager.
Complete Learning Objectives: (30%)
- Work under the supervision of the Formulation Manager to complete the training program
- To understand all the ingredients nutrient & characteristics, also feed design.
- Train to use Cargill Formulation system and understand the function, in order to run a best nutrition formula.
- Go though other department training follow training programme to understand the Interdepartmental function and the correlation with formulation team.
Feed Formulations: Formulation Activity (30%)
- Ingredient specifications change, update productive formulas, transfer it from Bill formulation system to production panel.
- Review production schedule in NIS (Nutrena Invoicing System), monitor that all the formulas updated and ensure that no formula is more than 30 days.
- Updating ingredients cost in Bills & disciplined weekly recosting for the plant as assigned by Formulation Manager
- NIS Tonnage Download & Formula date Audit by monthly
Customer Insight: Develop strong business/customer understanding to ensure that feed formulas are optimized to meet both customer and business expectations. (20%)
- Visit plants to ensure that quality and ingredients match the formulator requirement
- Attending DNC Conference to understand the animal performance in market & Involve in feed performance monitoring
- Support FSQR team in handling complains, via coordination with Strategic Marketing & Technology (SMT) team.
- Visit customers/Farm to take feedback on the products and address any queries that they have
- Pricing/COGS admin data support.
Other Responsibilities as Assigned: (20%)
- Complete other responsibilities and processes in support of the Formulation Team’s key priorities and business requirements.
- Regulatory Affair responsilities, as a coordicator to consolidate all the documents needed for FEED ACT (Import ingredients license, manufacturing & selling license), also involve in other lisence renew.
Who Can Apply:
- University degree in veterinary medicine, animal nutrition, business, or related field
- CGPA of 3.00 and above
- Fresh graduates or 1 to 5 years of working in animal nutrition related business. Preferably in food or agriculture industry.
- Having strong analytical knowledge and able to solve problems
- Well organized and detail oriented work style
- Strong with numbers and math
- Capability of succesfully inteacting with internal team members, sales team, and plant operations
- Communication in multi-cultural environment / international exposure
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office